Information on 95XX230008 Output AreaProfile last updated September 2011.
This page provides information on residents in Output Area 95XX230008. Click on theme titles below to obtain an area profile for that subject. The datasets used are shown below in each section and are actively linked to the Data Catalogue spreadsheets. Click on the blue tabs at the top to see results for other geographical levels.
Click on the map to the right to see a more detailed map of Output Area 95XX230008.
Output Area 95XX230008 lies in the following administrative areas:
Please note Assembly Area comparisons are based on the 1992 Parliamentary Constituency Boundaries and not the Assembly Area 2011/Westminster 2008 Boundaries.
- Silverstream Super Output Area;
- Silverstream Electoral Ward;
- North Down Local Government District;
- North Down Parliamentary Constituency (1992 Boundaries - See Assembly Area tab for further information;
- North Down Assembly Area 2011/ Westminister Parliamentary Constituency 2008;
- South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust; and
- South Eastern Education and Library Board.
Please see Westminster Parliamentary Constituency Guidance Document for more information.
Output Area 95XX230008 is classified as Urban according to the Inter-Departmental Urban-Rural Definition Group.
Datasets used: Urban Rural Classification 2005, Central Postcode Directory (NISRA Geography).
On Census Day 29th April 2001 the resident population of Output Area 95XX230008 was 271. Of this population:
Datasets used: KS01 Usually Resident Population, KS02 Age Structure, KS04 Marital Status, KS07b Community Background (NISRA Census).
- 21.7% were under 16 years old and 18.4% were aged 60 and over;
- 48.0% of the population were male and 52.0% were female;
- 11.4% were from a Catholic community background and 81.2% were from a 'Protestant and Other Christian (including Christian related)' community background;
- 28.3% of persons aged 16 and over were single (never married);
- 34.7 years was the average age of the population; and
- the population density was 82.87 persons per hectare.
In 95XX230008 OA the population in 2008 was estimated at 280, representing an increase of 1.8% from the estimated mid-year OA population in 2001.
This can be compared to other population changes from 2001 to 2008 in the table below.
Datasets used: Small Area Population Estimates 2001-2008, Population Estimates 2008.
Education, Economic Activity and Social Welfare
On Census Day 29th April 2001, in Output Area 95XX230008 looking at the population aged 16-74:
1Low levels of qualifications are those categorised as Level 1 which include; GCSE (grades D-G), CSE (grades 2-5), 1-4 CSEs (grade 1), 1-4 GCSEs (grades A-C), 1-4 'O' level passes, NVQ level 1, GNVQ Foundation or equivalents.
- 10.2% had degree level or higher qualifications;
- 64.0% had no or low levels of qualifications; 1
- 68.0% were economically active, 32.0% were economically inactive; and
- 3.6% were unemployed, of these 0.0% were long-term unemployed.2
2Long-term unemployed is defined as those who have been unemployed since 1999 or earlier on Census Day.
Sources of social security benefit information in 2011 show that in Output Area 95XX230008:
Datasets used: KS13 Qualifications and Students, KS09a Economic Activity (NISRA Census), Income Support 2011, Incapacity Benefit 2011, Housing Benefit 2011 (Department of Social Development).
- 7 persons aged 16-59 were claiming Income Support;
- 3 persons aged 16-59/64 were receiving Incapacity Benefit; and
- 9 persons aged 16 and over were claiming Housing Benefit.
Deprivation - Northern Ireland Multiple Deprivation Measure (NIMDM) 2010
The Northern Ireland Multiple Deprivation Measure 2010 report was published in May 2010. The report identifies small area concentrations of multiple deprivation across Northern Ireland. The results for Output Area 95XX230008 are shown below. All Output Areas in Northern Ireland are ranked with a rank of 1 denoting the most deprived Output Area and a rank of 5,022 denoting the least deprived Output Area.
On the Output Area Multiple Deprivation Measure 95XX230008 OA has an overall rank of 3902 out of 5022 Output Areas. Output Areas with ranks of 502 or less are in the top 10% of the most deprived Output Areas in Northern Ireland, this means 95XX230008, with a rank of 3902, is outside the top 10% most deprived Output Areas. Output Area 95XX230008's rank of 3902 places it in the 70% to 80% most deprived band.
Output Area 95XX230008 lies within Silverstream Super Output Area, which has 10 Output Areas with ranks from 1123 to 4017.
To view an Interactive Map of all Output Areas in North Down LGD click on the link below:
The table below shows the overall multiple deprivation measure rank and available domains for Output Area 95XX230008. The OA Multiple Deprivation Measure (MDM) was constructed from OA and SOA results. The creation of the MDM at OA level allows the identification of smaller pockets of deprivation than the SOA results. The majority of indicators in the Education, Skills & Training Domain, the Health Deprivation and Disability Domain and the Living Environment Domain were created at OA level by assigning SOA results to constituent OAs. For a number of indicators in the Education, Skills and Training and Health Deprivation and Disability Domain, actual OA level results were created. In terms of indicator weight, 86% of the overall OA Multiple Deprivation Measure was calculated at the OA level.
[Output Area Ranks range from 1 (most deprived) to 5022 (least deprived)]
Datasets used: Northern Ireland Multiple Deprivation Measure 2010 Output Area results (NISRA).
Health and Care
On Census Day 29th April 2001, in Output Area 95XX230008:
In 2011 49.5% of adults aged 18 and over were registered with a dentist in 95XX230008 OA.
- 18.1% of people had a limiting long-term illness, health problem or disability;
- 69.4% of people stated that their general health was good; and
- 11.8% of the population noted that they provided unpaid care to family, friends, neighbours or others.
For people living in 95XX230008 OA, the average travel time to the nearest Accident and Emergency Hospital, using 2009 data, was 13.41 minutes.1
Dataset used: Northern Ireland Multiple Deprivation Measure 2010 Output Area results - Proximity to Services table (NISRA)
1Only type 1 Emergency Care Departments were considered. There are three separate categories of emergency care facility:
- Type 1 Emergency Care Department - a consultant-led service with designated accommodation for the reception of emergency care patients, providing both emergency medicine and emergency surgical services on a round the clock basis;
- Type 2 Emergency Care Department - a consultant-led service with designated accommodation for the reception of emergency care patients, but which does not provide both emergency medicine and emergency surgical services and/or has time-limited opening hours; and
- Type 3 Emergency Care Department - a minor injury unit with designated accommodation for the reception of patients with a minor injury and/or illness. It may be doctor-led or nurse led. A defining characteristic of this service is that it treats at least minor injuries and/or illnesses and can be routinely accessed without appointment.
Datasets used: KS08 Health and Unpaid Care (NISRA Census), Dental Registrations 2011 (Business Services Organisation).
Housing, Environment and Transport
On Census Day 29th April 2001 there were 111 households in Output Area 95XX230008. Of these households:
- 92.8% were owner occupied and 7.2% were rented;
- 37.8% were owned outright;
- 16.7% were lone pensioner households;
- 7.9% were lone parents households with dependent children;
- 9.0% of households were without central heating or without sole use of bath/shower/toilet or without both;
- 5.4% of households had an occupancy rating of -1 or less (i.e. classed as overcrowded); and
- 2.44 persons per household was the average household size.
The average household size was 2.44 people per household for Output Area 95XX230008, compared to 2.15 for Silverstream ward, 2.41 for North Down LGD and 2.65 for NI.
On Census Day in Output Area 95XX230008 80.2% of households had access to a car or van and 73.8% of persons aged 16-74 in employment usually travelled to work by car or van. This compares to 71.1% of persons aged 16-74 in employment usually travelled to work by car or van in Silverstream ward, 73.2% in North Down LGD and 70.6% in NI.
In 2009, 112 cars were licensed to addresses in Output Area 95XX230008.
Datasets used: KS18 Tenure, KS19 Rooms, Amenities, Central Heating and Lowest Floor Level, KS20 Household Composition, KS22 Lone Parent Households with Dependent Children, KS15 Travel to Work, KS17 Cars or Vans (Census 2001), Car Registrations 2009 (Department of Regional Development).